You can't be wrong with serving this classic crowd-pleasing spinach dip. It's classic for a reason!
Prep time: Less than 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
12-16 oz (375 to 500 ml) mug
- 3/4 cup of Frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp brick styled cream cheese ( 1 1/2 oz / 45 g)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ground black pepper
Pita wedges or crunchy French bread sticks; raw or microwavable-coked vegetables (carrots ,broccoli florets , bell pepper strips)
- In the mug, microwave the spinach on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until thawed and warm . Using the tines of a fork , press down firmly on the spinach and drain off excess liquid.
- Add cream cheese to the mug. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds or until softened. Stir until blended .Stir in mayonnaise and the parmesan cheese . Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until warmed through. Season with pepper to taste and serve with suggested accompaniments , as desired.
- Artichoke and Spinach Dip: Add 3 tbsp (45 ml) drained with chopped marinated artichoke hearts (from a jar) with the mayonnaise.
And it's done!