Let's face it - students are always hungry. Having quick recipes to help stay away from junk food helps avoid the "Freshman Fifteen." These oven nachos are good for those rainy days, or can provide a filling meal because eating out can bust the budget really quickly. They are also good conversation starters for the rest of the people on the floor. Here's what's needed:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
One cookie sheet
1 bag of round tortilla chips (or chips that won't break)
2 chicken breasts
1-14 oz. can of black beans
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced green onions
- Cook/grill the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread tortilla chips evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the chips (try and cover them).
- Place chicken pieces and beans evenly over the chips.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chicken and beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven; add diced tomato and onions.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.