You will surely enjoy the Mexican flavors all in one bite! With minimal prep work involved, you can enjoy the flavorful dip in just less than 10 minutes!
Prep time: Less than 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 1/2 minutes
12-16 oz (375 to 500 ml) mug
- 1/2 cup nonfat refried bean (preferably “spicy”) *125 mL)
- 5 tbsp chunky salsa divided ( 75 mL)
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese (30 mL)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (30 mL)
Baked or regular tortilla chips; chopped or shredded lettuce; diced avocado; canned sliced black olives; chopped green onions; fresh cilantro leaves
- In the mug , combine refried beans and chunky salsa until blended. Sprinkle with cheese . Microwave on high 45 to 75 seconds (checking at 45 seconds ) or until cheese is melted and beans are hot.
- Spread yogurt evenly over hot bean mixture. Top with remaining salsa .Serve with any of the suggested accompaniments, as desired.
- Layered chicken southwestern Dip: Add ½ can (5 oz /142 g) water-packed chunk chicken, drained and flaked, on top of the bean before sprinkling with cheese.